Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Cap's Top 10 Villians (Circa 1992)!!

As picked by Steve Rogers himself...


Can a "super-villain trade union" succeed in states with a "super-villain right-to-work" law?

I love me some Flag Smasher...

SPOILER ALERT: Sharon didn't really die...

A nihilist? Can we see her fight Flag Smasher? A nihilist vs. an anarchist is the battle America has been waiting for!

Obviously, Batroc should be much higher...

If you'd asked me back in 1976 which of Kirby's new Cap villains would "stick," I wouldn't have picked this guy. Just goes to show, you never know...

The Zemos certainly should be higher...

This is certainly a case of "recency bias," someone being put this high on the list because they've fought Cap recently, not because they deserve to be anywhere near this high.

I would have thought a  little bit of the recency bias here, too, but upon further researching I realized that by 1992 Crossbones was pretty well established (though perhaps not yet justifying a spot this high).

Duh.

I was upset the Hate-Monger wasn't on here, but surprisingly enough, as near as I can tell, Cap never faced HM until 2000! Yeah, I know, crazy!

Of course, the biggest question is, where is this guy on the list?

Oh, Druid, how we miss you...

From Captain America Annual #11 (1992)

1 comment:

Jack_Acid said...

Crossbones should still be pretty up there. He is the guy who appears to have shot Cap at the end of Civil War. Always liked the Serpent Society. Marvel is pretty weak on villian teams. You get the occasional Masters of Evil team up or Lethal Legion rotation, but a good theme team is right on. Sidewinder's teleportation scheme is basically the same pitch The Hood provides for his villainous team up during Dark Reign.