Tuesday, September 16, 2014

4 Covers That Explain The Current State Of DC Comics!

From DC's December solicits,here's the cover to Superman #37 (by John Romita, Jr., and Klaus Janson):

Uhhh...yay?

Anyway, here's an alternate, wrap-around cover to the same issue from Darwyn Cooke:

And the cover to Action Comics #37 (by Aaron Kuder):

Uh...wow. I guess bleak hellscapes are kind of the thing in December...

And again, there is a Cooke alternative:

I guess DC is trying to cover all bases, by making covers that appeal both to those who like oppressive, Man Of Steel-style dourness, as well as to those who like heroism (and actual colors) in their comic books.

Of course, those covers all surround the same interiors, so I guess it makes no difference which cover you buy...

1 comment:

SallyP said...

I'll buy the Darwyn Cooke covers and never bother opening them to read the interior...and that way I can be happy!