Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday Night Fights--Just Like Hulk Vs. Loki Style!!

It's prize fight week at Friday Night Fights, which means there's huge prizes available. Which means I'd better win!!

Ah, but there are conditions: Spacebooger has decreed that we must present the most force in the least amount of panels. Which means I need to take a page from Joss Whedon's handbook, and show that mythic gods can be whooped around like rag dolls by really strong dudes.

The New, New (New) Masters Of Evil have taken over Avengers Mansion, and captured most of our heroes. And as extra protection Baron Zemo had one of his agents dose Hercules ale with super-Ruffies. (No, I'm not making that up)

So when Herc storms the mansion, he's not in tip-top condition. Still, he's more than a match for the combined forces of the Wrecking Crew and Mr. Hyde. So then Atlas/Goliath/Power Man/The Smuggler steps in, well, let's just say this is kinda similar to a scene from as certain billion dollar movie:







Ouch.

Net result: Hercules ends up in a lengthy coma. and later he goes back for revenge in a Friday Night Fight I showed you a couple of months ago. Yes, I did a prequel fight the same week as Prometheus came out. No, I didn't plan that intentionally, but I'll claim I did...

Spacebooger hopes this fight teaches the young gods out there the perils of drinking and fighting...

Herc gets the crap beat out of him in Avengers #274 (1986), by Roger Stern, John Buscema and Tom Palmer.

Now is the time for you to go and vote, and it should be a vote for me. Because I need stuff. If I win, I can buy stuff. Simple, no?

2 comments:

Siskoid said...

Ah yes, good memories...

(with apologies to Hercules)

Nicholas Yankovec said...

Where is my omnibus edition of Stern's Avengers run?!