Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tales From The Quarter Bin--The Man Who Talked To Bushes

No, not Karl Rove...this guy:

I dunno--describing Moses as "The Man Who Talked To Bushes" seems to undersell his accomplishments just a wee bit. And, of course, there's the godawful pun:

Ha ha, get it?

You know that you've stumbled upon a find when your comic isn't even mentioned on GCD!! This book was published by Tyndale in 1987, and part of a whole line of children's religious "cosmics":

I've nothing against religious comics, but I do have to point out the cognitive dissonance between the Archies/kiddie style of art and script, and some of the accounts of murder and genocide:



Or...

Tyndale did have some comics make the index at GDC, including some adaptations of the Left Behind series of novels. And they also had this little beauty in 1997:

I'm watching the quarter bins for this one...

4 comments:

Eldarion said...

Oddly, Barnes & Noble usually carries Manga Messiah. It's something that's puzzled me since I started working there...you can find it in the christian books section, along with a similar volume.

Siskoid said...

Flaming tornado or Golden calf? Egypt or Israel? Betty or Veronica?

Lazarus Lupin said...

I think I'd love a manga messiah. If nothing else I think I just found my rock group name.

Lazarus Lupin
http://strangespanner.blogspot.com/
art and review

Pippy said...

Doesn't seem like people who believe in The Bibel have any problem with cognitive dissonance.