Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tales From The Quarter Bin--In Which I Become Desperate

Well...ahem...urm...I got a bit overexcited and did 5 posts on Superboy #140 yesterday.

And, well, now I've got nothing for today.

Smooth one, snell.

So, um...how about those Cubs?

Damn dry spell...

Hmmm...let be just check my latest haul from the quarter bin, maybe I can find something to tide me over until...

What's this? Supergirl fighting a gorilla? That'll do in a pinch...





Just for clarification, that's not just a ginchy outfit Kara is wearing there...it's a Kandorian exo-skeleton, because you see, she keeps losing her powers.

And the villain of the piece is Starfire. No, not that Starfire. No, not THAT Starfire, either! No, this Starfire is the one whom no one remembers, an evil fashion designer with a cadre of super-models as her henchmen, and...

That's it, I've got my mojo back!! Dry spell, OVER!! Thank you, Mike Sekowsky!!

So tomorrow, much, much more about the villainous Starfire!!

Supergirl vs gorilla from Adventure Comics #105, 1971.

No comments: