Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday Night Fights--1873 Style!!

OK, I took it easy on everyone last week. But this time, my Friday Night Fight is going for the gold--golden pain, that is.

The time: 1873. Hawkeye, Moondragon, the Two-Gun Kid, and some other Avenger...hmmm, can't remember who...are trying to stop Kang from taking over the past.

Kang's not worried, though:

Great diabolical gloating there, Kang.

What? That mysterious guy? Oh, now I remember who 'twas...




Fasten your safety belt kids, because Thor isn't done yet. He wants to settle this the old fashioned way:



Oh, it is on!!










Uhhh...I guess that means Thor wins!!! Wooo!!

Of course, Spacebooger will probably go back in time to undo this, because he's a huuuuge Kang fan...

Steve Englehart, George Perez and Sam Grainger show Kang losing hard in Avengers #143 (1976).

Now, I'm not saying that you have to go over to Spacebooger's crib and vote for me this week. But really, what better way is there to assure that Kang doesn't return?

1 comment:

Erich said...

Kang's self-destruction freaked me out when I read this issue as a kid.