Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Our Day Of Liberation Is At Hand, My Sinister Friends

In Avengers #92 (1971), some jerk is whipping up a big anti-alien furor, and trying to get the Avengers to turn over Mar-Vell, who's been hanging with them for awhile.

Hawke...I mean Goliath is ready to turn Captain Trademark Protection over, just to cool the uproar for awhile. But the Vision lays out why that would be pretty uncool:

Well said. Now...hey, what was that last part again?!?

Sounds good to me!! Finally, an even battle with the right-handed oppressors? Let me get my gun.

Oh, what do you mean it was just a rhetorical flourish? Grumble grumble....get my hopes up for nothing...

Special note to Dwayne McDuffie: You know, instead of complaining publicly about having to have the Avengers consist of "Cap's Kooky Quartet--without Cap," Roy Thomas just went and wrote the bleedin' Kree-Skrull War. I'm just sayin'...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Say, is the Vision wearing a white sweater in that picture? Groovy, man.

The Mutt said...

I love Clint's giant towel.