Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday Night Fights--Legacy Style!!

Here at Slay Monstrobot, we feel there's nothing more charming then a father and son reunion, lyrics courtesy of Harry Chapin:

A child arrived just the other day,
came to the world in the usual way,
But there were planes to catch
and bills to pay, he learned to walk while I wasaway
He was talking before I knew it and as he grew
he said I'm going to be like you Dad,
you know I'm going to be like you.


My son turned 10 just the other day,
Said thanks for the ball now c'mon let's play
Will you teach me to throw, I said not today,
I've got a lot to do, he said that's ok
And he walked away and he smiled and he said
You know I'm going to be like you, Dad,
you know I'm going to be like you.

He came from college just the other day,
so much like a man I just had to say,
I'm proud of you, won't you sit for a while
He shook his head and said with a smile,
What I'm feeling like, Dad, is to borrow the car keys
See you later can I have them please.

And as I hung up the phone it occurred to me
He'd grown up just like me, my boy was just like
me.

Oh, how touching. Even Spacebooger has a tear forming...

Captain Marvel Sr. and Captain Marvel Jr whale on each other in Captain Marvel #11 (2000), by Peter David, Jim Starlin and Al Milgrom.

Lyrics and video below:


Lyrics | Harry Chapin lyrics - Cat's In The Cradle lyrics


No comments: