Saturday, July 5, 2008

Eats Like a Bird?

When we first see Tim Drake in the pages of Batman #678, he's sitting around snacking on some chips. No problem...a teenage hero has to keep up his energy, right?


Living that millionaire lifestyleThen Tim is attacked by costumed thugs, included an evil mime who attempts to garrote him while he's on his bike.

So, after barely escaping, where do we next see Tim? Feeding his face again.

Look-he's actually talking on the phone with his mouth full!!

Tim Drake--stealth master!!
Seriously. Guess that garroting didn't hurt your throat too badly.

Even though he's being pursued by goons who know his secret identity, even though he hasn't "shaken" them yet, he stops for a burger. And parks his very visible and identifiable bike right in front. And sits by the window. Yeah, that'll shake 'em, Tim.

So, apparently all the tradecraft Batman taught him goes out the window whenever Robin's jonsing for some fast food. And if Tim become Batman, I'm predicting lots of McDonalds endorsements...or maybe Weight Watchers...

3 comments:

Invid said...

"And if Tim become Batman, I'm predicting lots of McDonalds endorsements...or maybe Weight Watchers..."

I dunno, I ate like that when I was a teenager, and while I'm not quite skinny anymore, I'm not fat either. (Actually, in high school I reached 6'1" or so and was still only about 140 lbs my sophomore year, and that was the time when I ate like that the most.) Obviously, I can't eat like that anymore, though... Granted, I've got good genes, but I don't really exercise either.

His stealth skills are pretty lame, though.

snell said...

Invid-Yeah, but did you take fast food breaks when being pursued by supervillains? Proper time and place, Tim, proper time and place...

Alex said...

Come on guys! Am I the only one that sees where this is going? The Black Hand is behind this! He's given Tim an insatiable appetite. Morrison is a genius! When Tim packs on an extra 30 pounds, he won't be able to patrol the rooftops as Robin.