Saturday, May 31, 2008

Resumé

Jim Salicrup wrote the introduction to The Nearly Complete Essential Hembeck Archives Omnibus. From the little bio paragraph at the end of the intoduction:

Jim Salicrup gets a bio, and Stan Lee doesn't?Wait a minute...let's look at one sentence again:

"...known for editing the best-selling Spider-Man #1."

Really?

Because when people talk about the sales frenzy surrounding Spider-Man #1, the first thing they mention is Salicrup's editing

Salicrup edited THE HELL out of this comicBilly: Dude, I just got a copy of Spider-Man #1!!
Jimmy: Winnage! Isn't that the one that was edited by Jim Salicrup??
Billy: You know it is!! I've almost completed my collection of Salicrup-edited comics!
Jimmy: Hey, didn't somebody famous write or draw that, or somethin'?
Billy: Oh, who cares about that...just check out this editing!!
Jimmy: Whoa!!

Apologies to Jim Salicrup...I just felt like being a dick today, I guess. But you've got to admit, it's a silly line in the bio...

4 comments:

Stephen said...

his editing is epic

Unknown said...

Hm..lets go back to the blogs first issue....... "Well thats the last apolagee your gona see from me".......whats that in the little lines there? "Apologies to Jim Salicrup" lalalaLIAR!!!!

snell said...

alon: the quote from my first post was "probably the last apology," so it was hardly a promise. Plus, I was being kind of a dick, so I owed Salicrup that apology, and I'd rather be a decent human being than a hobgoblin of a foolish mind.

I am vast. I contain multitudes.

Unknown said...

From what I understand, Jim Salicrup wrote every issue of Spidey Super Stories as well.